Thursday 4 September 2014

Up on 'MOORS'

It was one of those last minute decisions that when the day has done you think back and say to yourself; "I'm glad I chose to do what I did".

These sort of days when things work out better than expected do not come very often but when they do I still get a buzz, and it was a day of first's, it was the first time I had ever seen baby Adders, unfortunately no photographs were taken but I did have some great company to share that moment with me.

In this particular area I also had my first Grass Snakes of which one was a last years youngster and I did manage a few shots of him before he found himself a nice retreat to go down.




This first shot shows the Grass Snake with a 'milky' eye this is prior to the snake sloughing it's skin













The next two shots are of the young Grass Snake





We also had a few Common Lizards, I say a few I actually lost count, and it was good to see a lot of this years young.





No comments:

Post a Comment